It's like pie but easy.
This week I'm going to make myself a self-love crumble because (1) I love making edible gifts for myself, (2) I encouraged some folks in Babecamp to make one as part of this week's self-love practice and (3) baking calms and grounds me!
What makes it a self-love berry crumble is that you ADD your favorite music, your crumble making power outfit, and also you eat the crumble loudly and shamelessly - making sure to moan and squirm with delight and counter-cultural gusto.
This is my favorite recipe from www.allrecipes.com (the fruit is truly interchangeable... use whatever's around: apples, pears, berries. I've never used bananas. So maybe not those):
Ingredients Original recipe makes 18 servings
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats (add almonds and flax seed meal if you wanna!)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (<<< don't need it!)
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.